College Scholarship Program for TALL High School Seniors
Each year the Central Jersey Tall Friends Club selects a high school senior or graduate to be the recipient of a scholarship to be used for educational purposes. An applicant is also entered to compete for the annual scholarship awarded by Tall Clubs International™ as well as several that are awarded each year by the non-profit Tall Clubs International Foundation.
The scholarship is open to all high school seniors and any applicants under the age of 21 attending his or her first year at a 2- or 4-year institution of higher learning. All applicants must also meet the minimum height requirements of 5'10" for women and 6'2" for men.
The completed application packet must include:
• Two-page application signed by the applicant
• Official transcript from his or her high school
• Recommendation forms and letters from within the school community
• Recommendation forms and letters from outside the school community
• An original essay entitled, "What Being Tall Means to Me" and "What Is Marfan Syndrome?”
• Release form to publish the essay and/or photo of applicant
• Photograph suitable for publication